COIL MAKING CAPABILITY
With a history in coil manufacture and electric motor repair, our employees have a combined coil experience of over 100 years. This team includes 4 management, technical and administration staff, and 10 production staff. All levels of staff are required to be 'hands on' to ensure a sound knowledge of the product and processing methods.
With skills developed over 25 years, we make all of our jigs and tooling for armature, rotor bar and field coils in-house. This ensures efficiency and complete control of the process, from design to trailing of prototypes to full production of the approved design.
Our aim is to meet tight tolerances on coil size and fitting parameters to ensure ease of coil fit and winder friendliness. This results in an efficient and quality motor rewind, thereby creating opportunities for greater profitability and end user satisfaction.
Global Coils management system has been certified by SAI Global as complying to ISO 9001. The implementation, maintenance and adherence to the Quality Management System is paramount to the achievement of our company's objectives.
Our aim is to be at the forefront of the electric motor coil manufacturing industry. The primary focus is to achieve and maintain a level of excellence in both quality of product and customer service. This will guarantee the continued support of our valued customers, and strengthen our position in the market place.
Research & Development
Extensive in-house Research and Development has led to superior insulation systems that surpass the testing criteria of international standards and have been verified by third parties. Investigative and destructive testing has allowed us to develop processing methods that enhance the characteristics of the individual components of the insulation system leading to outstanding test results.
Our manufacturing facility is designed to complement the production process with an efficient and purpose built layout.
There are dedicated work areas for the major coil types.
High voltage coils are processed in our climate controlled 'clean room' eliminating ingress of foreign material.
A dedicated test room complete with modern testing equipment enables us to meet the testing requirements of all international standards, including type testing of high voltage coils.
- Pneumatic coil spreaders capable of spreading AC stator coils with slot cells to 2.5mt long.
- Coil moulding hot presses capable of pressing slot cells up to 3.5mt long.
- Automatic coil taping to 3.5mt.
- In-house design and manufacture of coil formers for armature coils, rotor bar and field coils.
- 0-50KV AC High Voltage Test Set
- Baker 0 -25kV Surge Comparison Testing & DC Hi-pot testing.
- Tettex Capacitance & Tan Delta Measuring Test Set
- Temperature rise testing of DC field coils.
- DC resistance measurement.
- Random Sample Type Testing
- Lightning Impulse level testing
- Partial Discharge testing